Whether you plan to celebrate Valentine’s Day with that special someone, friends, or your cat, we have pulled together a list of apps to make your day a little more enjoyable.
- Open Table: Easily find available reservations and lock in your spot right from your phone, so you don’t have to explain to that special someone why you’re order Chinese takeout on Valentine’s Day.
- Yelp: If you’re making a reservation at a restaurant you’ve never been to before, it might be a good idea to check the reviews on Yelp to make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into.
- Big Oven: If you’d rather showcase your culinary skills, try Big Oven. This app has a ton of recipes, which come with a shopping list to take out the guesswork. It also will help you come up with ideas on how to use the leftovers!
- Food Delivery Apps: There are plenty of food delivery apps if you just want to stay in and enjoy Valentine’s Day on the couch. Try GrubHub, DoorDash, or UberEats.
- 1800Flowers: Flowers are a Valentine’s Day classic for a reason. Now you can send them right from your smart phone!
- Etsy: If you’re looking for something a little more unique, Etsy is the app for you. You can find thousands of unique and customized gifts on Etsy.
- Tom’s Love Letters: Send a virtual Valentine with this cute, animated app. Don’t know how to tell that special someone how you feel? Let’s Tom and Angela (who are animated cats) do the talking for you.
FIND A DATE:
- Tinder: This is an app that needs no introduction. Get Tinder and start swiping to find yourself a date by February 14th.
- Bumble: Bumble is fairly similar to Tinder, but it puts the ladies in charge. Matching with someone is only the first step. Once there’s a match it’s up to the woman to message first, which gives more control to female users than Tinder.
- Ship: Ship is a unique dating app that allows your friends to get in on the dating process by vetting potential matches.
THINGS TO DO:
- Fandango: This app can help you find movie times near you and even buy tickets right from the app. It’s always nice to go with the dinner and a movie classic Valentine’s Day.
- Happy Couple: Go deeper with this couple’s quiz app. It can help you learn more about your partner, even if you’ve been together for years.
- Couple Game: The Couple Game is another relationship game app that features hundreds of questions on every topic under the sun. It's the perfect way to find out just how well you know your partner, and then get to know them even better.
- Honi-Game for Couples: Break your routine and make everyday more exciting. Discover new ways to surprise your partner and bring your relationship to the next level. You win points by completing challenges and dares that are all aimed at spicing up your relationship.
- Ultimate Guitar Tabs: Learn to play your partner’s favorite song on a variety of stringed instruments or learn how to play songs that express your singleness. Ultimate Guitar has tabs for beginners as well as experts.
- Spotify: Create a “mix tape” for that special someone or put together some songs about how love is stupid and turn it up. Spotify has millions of songs to choose from so you can express exactly how you feel.
- Geocaching App: Geocaching turns every location into an adventure. Work with your partner to find hidden treasures around your community.